If you’re trying to get away from Advil or Midol every time your PMS decides to wreak havoc once a month but definitely cannot make it through the day without some sort of relief, you might want to consider increasing your vitamin and water intake. Vitamins like C & D can energize you when you’re feeling a little off. Hydration packets like Liquid IV can help speed up your hydration due to the included electrolytes.
If you’re going to take a PMS-specific vitamin, it’s important to know which ingredients are doing what and which symptoms they are targeting. If you have bloating, cramping, and feel general off or behind throughout the week of your period, Aura Essentials is a vitamin you can use for daily use.
Worried about what’s in your vitamins that you take everyday? Here’s a cheat sheet guide:
- Maritime Pine Bark - Maritime Pine Bark promotes healthy skin & collagen, supports healthy blood flow, productivity and focus. It even protects the skin against UV rays, & maintains skin elasticity
- Chaste Berry - reduces bloating, breast tenderness, & mood-imbalance
- Dandelion Root - Not only is it a powerful antioxidant, Dandelion Root helps maintain healthy flora and flushes out toxins
- Tapioca Syrup – this makes the gummy have a bouncy, chewy consistency. Often used with pectin to get the same feel as gelatin without the animal parts (allowing us to offer a vegan/vegetarian product)!
- Sugar – sweetens the product and allows us to avoid the use of sugar alcohols that can upset stomachs and disrupt a healthy gut microbiome
- Açaí Pulp –Açaí helps to mask the botanical ingredients and earth tones, giving it a bold taste!
- Pectin – acts as a gelatin replacement. Sourced from apples, it can withstand the heat much better than gelatin
- Natural Flavors – this covers the mixed berry portion of the flavor profile
- Citric Acid – is a flavor enhancer and natural preservative (to prevent the growth of mold). In production, it is used to decrease the pH and allow the gummies to set or firm up so that they aren’t slimy!
- Malic Acid - is a flavor enhancer (particularly with fruits) and natural preservative (to prevent the growth of mold). In production, it is used to decrease the pH and allow the gummies to set or firm up so that they aren’t slimy
- Color from Fruit & Vegetable Extracts (Carrot and Blackcurrant) – blended to reach the desired Aura Essentials purple
- Sunflower Oil – ensures that the texture is uniform throughout the gummy, also known as a emulsifying agent
- Trisodium Citrate – is a form of citric acid, which also ensures that the texture is uniform throughout the gummy, also known as a emulsifying agent
- Hexametaphosphate – although i is probably the scariest sounding of all of the ingredients, it is incredibly common and used to maintain food quality and stability! It also acts alongside sunflower oil as an emulsifier to create a uniform gummy. Nothing to be afraid of here!
- Caruba Wax – responsible for the shined / polished look of the gummies
- Stevia Extract – another natural sweetener (non-artificial, non-sugar alcohol) to push the sweetness to the desired level
Hope you now feel like a vitamin pro! It's important to know how our bodies work and what PMS vitamins actually do.
You can learn more at https://www.ownyouraura.com/ to feel your best all month long!
Opinions, content, and any information expressed in this article are intended to be general in nature and do not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek medical advice from your professional healthcare provider.